Call for Entries – Diversions Prospectus

Print

 

 

 


Exhibition Dates:                       April 12 – May 4, 2014

Deadline for Submission:         March 6, 2014

Diversions
Games are played through interactions with one or more rules. This structure can be used in the process to create work, or as a way to create interaction for the viewer, or both. We are seeking artist books and book related works that explore the use of rules and play as a way for making work and/or creating interaction with the viewer.

Media
This exhibition is open to handmade books and book related works. Artist books, sculptural books, book objects, altered books, zines. One-of-a-kind, and editioned books are all encouraged.

Display of Work
The work chosen for this exhibition will be displayed on shelves as part of a temporary library in Reading Room 220, at the Press Street Building. Visitors to the Reading Room will be allowed to handle all work.

Fees
$15 submission fee for up to 3 works. You may include 3 images of each work.

How to submit
All US artists 18 and older are eligible. Send us jpg images of your work through Submittable.

www.pressstreet.submittable.com/submit

Along with your entry fee and images, please include dimensions of the work in both its closed and open states. Additional questions about this call can be emailed to info@www.siftart.org.

Sales
Press Street will retain a 30 percent commission with the remaining 70 percent going to the artist no later than one month after the sale.

Shipping
All shipping and shipping insurance to and from Antenna Gallery are the artists responsibility. Shipping instructions will be provided once the piece has been accepted.

Jurors
Friedrich Kerksieck is a letterpress printer, designer, and binder who publishes hand bound chapbooks and artist books. He received his MFA in Book Arts from the University of Alabama. Friedrich and his wife, Gabrielle recently relocated from Memphis, TN to New Orleans, LA, and are the team behind Small Fires Press.

Luba Zygarewicz is a visual artist who received her MFA from the San Francisco Art Institute. Words have become an important part of her sculptures and installations. A large part of her process is an accumulation of elements over time, as she works daily with mundane materials, such as hair, lint, twigs, cotton, paper, and tea.

Print

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *